I'm back to post few images of the final version of the NES Style HTPC!
The final setup:
- Intel Desktop Board D945GCLF2 - Atom 330 ~40€
- 1GB RAM DDR II (included with the board)
- HDD from my old laptop (60GB Hitachi 7200 rpm)
- External PSU (included with the board)
- NES Console case (15€ on ebay)
- 2 small 30mm fans
- ATA to mini-ATA adapter (8€)
- Old Microsoft XP License from my dead laptop
- A Dremel, sort of, bought at Carrefour (18€)
- A Logitech K400 Keyboard (with touchpad)
The best would be to replace the HDD with a SATA to SD Card adapter (should be at 15€ on ebay) to reduce the internal heat and add 2 USB Nintendo controllers to be used for playing some emulated games.
Internal temperatures spread from 48 to 55 °C on heavy load.
At the moment, I opted for Windows XP, XMBC and Google Chrome. Furthermore, you can add a PSX and NeoGeo emulators to play with it.